Metal Wall Panels (MWP) take many forms, and is not always recognized at first glance to the untrained eye. However, it is one of the most common façade cladding products in use.
One of the materials used for Metal Wall Panels is Aluminum Plate. Many elementary materials in construction now have an “Engineered Version” to improve on the benefits of that material. Examples include Engineered Hardwood Floors, Engineered Floor Joist, and Engineered Metal Plate.
VitrabondG2 is a Non-Combustible Metal Composite Material, a perfect example of an engineered metal plate product.
What is Engineered Metal Plate?
Metal Plate wall panels have been used for years on building facades, however some of the challenges faced in working with this products include oil canning (rippling of panels after installation due to thermal expansion and contraction), difficulty in handling due to the weight, multiple processes like welding, grinding, painting, etc…, and design limitations due to limited finish options.
Engineered Metal Plate, on the other hand, has all the benefits of Metal Plate, but is lighter weight, more rigid, has a higher strength to weight ratio, less tendency for oil canning, easier to handle, and comes in nearly unlimited finish options like what can be had with Metal Composite Material.
What Finishes are Available?
Practically any design or pattern can be used for the visible portion of this cladding. Modern buildings often use solid or metallic finishes, but the material can also be made to look like bricks, stones, or other unique finishes and textures, allowing a wide scope in design options for the architects.
What Materials is Engineered Metal Plate made of?
In any engineered product, the materials used are far more advanced than its traditional predecessor. Engineered Metal Plate is still comprised of metal, but uses modern manufacturing means and methods in order to yield more benefits.
Top 10 reasons Engineered Metal Plate is an ideal cladding product for the building façade industry:
VitrabondG2 is a Non-Combustible Metal Composite Material, a perfect example of an engineered metal plate product. Here are some benefits that are unique to VitrabondG2:
- All the benefits of MCM, but in a non-combustible product.
- Variety of finishes that can’t be achieved in the traditional spray-applied plate products.
- Most durable finishes known in the industry.
- Higher strength to weight ratio than metal plate façade materials.
- Coated prior to fabricating to eliminate additional handling and outsourcing to painters.
- 50% lighter weight means for less structural support needed within the wall assembly and attachment systems.
- Fully recyclable without needing grinding equipment to separate components.
- Much less tendency for oil canning from thermal expansion and contraction.
- Easier to machine and work with than solid aluminum plate
- Works with standard MCM systems, such as the Arrowhead Installation System.
Learn more at www.fairview-na.com!