1. Where can I find non-combustible cladding in stock “ready to ship”?
Fairview Architectural manufactured Vitraplate pre-finished 3mm(1/8″) solid aluminum in USA, and maintains inventory of coil ready to coat, with lead times as low as 4 weeks. Ask about our Coil Retainer Program to reduce your lead times to a minimum!
2. How long does it take to get a custom color sample for pre-finished solid aluminum cladding?
Barring unforeseen circumstances, getting a custom color sample for our coil-coated aluminum Vitraplate® is no different than any other paint match. Although this varies depending on the time of year and workload of the paint manufacturer, it is typically 2–4 weeks. Specialty finishes and patterns can take longer, and always keep in mind that there is a certain amount of trial and error, with some finishes being more difficult to match than others. We recommend starting the process as soon as possible especially as there is no cost to you for this service.
3. How long does it take to get a custom color pre-finished solid aluminum non-combustible cladding material produced after the color sample has been approved?
Using our Vitraplate® as an example, once the color has been approved, there are multiple processes including manufacturing the coating, preparing and coating the coil, transport, leveling and cutting, and packaging. Each one of these steps can take more or less time, resulting in an overall lead time anywhere from 4 to 18 weeks depending on the finish. A more accurate lead time is available at the time of quoting, and the most accurate will be available at the time of placing your order. We recommend you keep in communication with your contact at Fairview until the order is ready to be processed.
4. If a color is requested that has been produced before and you have a sample of it available but do not have it in stock, what is the anticipated lead time for that order?
Although the color has been produced previously, a new order requires exactly the same process and therefore the lead time would be similar to a first-time order, unless we have paint remaining in stock from the previous order.
5. If you apply a 3rd coat of paint on a stock color that wasn’t requested already, what would be the additional lead time and cost to add the 3rd coat?
Once again, using Vitraplate as the example, this product is coated with one of the highest quality baked-on finishes, and as such after coating an additional coating cannot be applied. A standard 2 coat with a clear coating added would be treated as a 3 coat color.
6. Do pattern or unique design finishes, such as woodgrains, take longer than solid color paint finishes to produce? Is the same Coil finish process used to achieve these finishes?
Although patterned finishes are produced on the same coating line as solid or metallic finishes, due to scheduling and economies of scale unique patterned finishes will take longer than standard solid or metallic finishes. Please discuss this with your sales representative to get a more accurate lead time.
7. Do non-stock colors on solid metal cladding such as Vitraplate have a longer lead time than ACM?
Manufacturing Vitrabond and Vitraplate are two different processes, each with its own set of variables. This means that either one could be quicker than the other, depending on those variables.
8. On the VitrabondG2 product sample you can slightly see the dimple design through the skin at certain angles. Is this always the case for this product or is it on lighter colors only?
The visual effect of the material surface will vary in appearance depending on the finish. Some colors will show the surface relief more than others. As with any finish, we recommend requesting a product sample.
9. Are there any setup charges for custom color projects or any other unique product colors?
Fairview Architectural has no setup fees or charges. However, there are costs associated with every order that must get covered by the sale. This means that on smaller orders the cost will increase, sometimes significantly.
10. Where can I find current inventory numbers of what non-combustible material is currently in stock and in which finishes?
Call 860-242-2711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time to inquire about our current inventory. This is subject to change at any time. All stock is sold on a first come first served basis.